torsdag den 15. maj 2014

Review: Loris, Foxcherry, AnTaiNa, Candy Tower and Bodyline!


I received my package a little earlier than I thought I would, so without further ado, here's my review, with a bonus Bodyline review as I received my blouse today too!

I'll start out with the Taobao stuff. I used Yoybuy as my shoppingservice, and DHL for shipping.
As you can see from the picture, everything is individually wrapped. It all arrived in one big box. The AnTaiNa box was a little beat up, and the bags had become a little bend out of shape from being squished down there with the rest of the stuff. It was all squished so tight that there was no way anything could rattle around.

Loris "Star" Bag
As you can see, it was bend a little bit out of shape (I had tried to straighten it up a little bit), but apart from that, the bag is beautiful. It feels nice and sturdy, and it has a cute little star charm as a zipper. 


The bag is lined with what feels like polyester, but it's a strange bourdeau color. Not quite what I'd expected, but nobody's really gonna see that anyway. All in all, it's a very cute bag. It's a little more of a nice light pink than the picture, on which it seemed almost salmon.

All in all, I'd give it a 5 out of 5 spades for quality cuteness!

Foxcherry hairband
I bought a cheap hairband off of Foxcherry as well, as I'd previously bought a bunch of very pretty headdresses from her, and I was not dissapointed! For the price, the quality is pretty superb. The lace is soft, everything is spaced out nicely, the flowers are not flimsy. Everything is glued onto a pretty sad, white headband, though, that's wrapped in soft white ribbon. It's better than just using a dollarstore plastic headband, but still, I'd have liked something a little more sturdy. For the price, I'm not complaining. I got a free pink bow clip too!

I'll give it a 4 out of 5 spades.

Candy Tower "Cupcake" Bag
I purchased this really cute bag from a brand I'd never heard of before, called "The Candy Tower". I've mixed feelings about it, but all in all, I'm pretty fond of the bag. It feels even sturdier than the "Loris" bag. The bag is lined with a pink polyester fabric with the brand's tag sewn into it. The details are adorable and the colors are a lot more vivid than what my camera can project.


I really like the warm copper color that they used for the zipper and the clips. It just looks cuter than a cool metal zipper would. There's a matching heart charm attached to it.



However, the hearts are really, really wonky. They look a bit like pink, chewed gum that's been sewn onto the bag. They look a little wonky in the stock photos too, so I should've just paid a little more attention. There are small chips on the bag here and there, but nothing you'd notice from afar. 

All in all, I give this bag a 3 out of 5, for sturdyness and cute details, but bad craftmanship.


Last but not least from the Taobao order, we've got the
An*Tai*Na shoes!

As soon as I took them out of the bag, it really felt like they were fresh from the factory. Wow, did it smell like nail polish in here! And they felt almost damp, as if the paint hadn't even dried yet! I've no idea what that was about, but it was.. special.
The shoes are really adorable, though. They're very slim and sadly, way too small for me, even though I know I bought them in my size! I'm very sad about it, because they're just beautiful. An*Tai*Na has a "no returns" policy, so I'll probably have to trade or sell them, if I can't get a professional to stretch them out.

The cherry on top has to be the pattern under the soles. Look how cute they are! It's Cinderella and her glass slipper!


All in all, the An*Tai*Na shoes get a 4 out of 5 spades, for being perfect, but unwearable to me.



Bonus!

Bodyline Blouse "L159"
As usual, my blouse arrived in it's own separate Bodyline bag, neatly folded.


And here it is out of the bag! The blouse is a very thin cotton fabric, and nicely fitted. It has darts down the back as well. That's really nice, as it's got no waist ties to keep it from being baggy.
I was afraid the lace would be bad and plastic-y, but it's not. It's actually surprisingly soft to the touch.


The sleeves are long and very full. Even better than I thought they'd be! There's soft lace running along the ruffles all the way around.

And here's the bow. I'd hoped it would be nice, simple neckties with a flower clip, but nope. It's a silly butterfly on an elasticband with a flimsy plastic flower. I'm thinking I'll just remove the flower and try and wear the bow without, if I decide to use the bow at all. I primarily bought the blouse for the sleeves.

All in all, I'd give this Bodyline blouse a rating of 4 out of 5 spades! One detracted for the bad quality flower.

That's it, folks! To sum it up, I'm pretty ecstatic and looking forward to wearing it all out!
I'm staying positive about the shoes and giving the shoemaker a chance. Maybe he can fix them for me. 


1 kommentar :

  1. That cupcake bag is really cute, It's too bad the hearts are wonky on it. I've never heard of that brand or seen a bag like that before, so I wonder if maybe they have some better items that are still just as cute.

    SvarSlet

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...